Thread: Florida

Florida

Well we are stuck in PA yet another winter because of my cancer however we may be able to slip down to FL for a week any suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucecav View Post
    Well we are stuck in PA yet another winter because of my cancer however we may be able to slip down to FL for a week any suggestion.
    We enjoyed Compass by St. Augustine. There is a free shuttle service to down town. Don't know what the current condition is after the weather they have had.

My suggestion is to check out Pelican Roost at Mayport. You can park looking at the river where the naval ships come in and the other side of that further out is the Atlantic Ocean. They have a private beach and you can fish right from shore. Free laundry. We love this base. We are staying there this winter but not as long as I would like. Finally I get a great view of the water instead of my bedroom closet. Having a motorhome has some perks.

You will have a hard time getting reservations as I can’t stay as long as I want due to snowbirds.

Dave & Nancy I made a reservation at Compas RV Park in St. Augustine and didn’t even realized you had stayed there. We were not going to stop in St Augustine at all except Pelican Roost at Mayport was full.

Luckily most all RV parks in Florida are up & running fine. The biggest problem was the wind. They actually faired better than they thought they would. Florida knows this is their busy season so they will jump through hoops to get everything back up to par.
    Drivin, Miss Daisy & Toppi, the boss
    18 Berkshire XL40B, 14 Ford Explorer Toad
    Spring, TX
    Members: FMCA, FOCA, FROG, Escapees, Footloose & Free, CCRVC

not full timin yet, just enjoying the lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    My suggestion is to check out Pelican Roost at Mayport. You can park looking at the river where the naval ships come in and the other side of that further out is the Atlantic Ocean. They have a private beach and you can fish right from shore. Free laundry. We love this base. We are staying there this winter but not as long as I would like. Finally I get a great view of the water instead of my bedroom closet. Having a motorhome has some perks.

You will have a hard time getting reservations as I can’t stay as long as I want due to snowbirds.

Dave & Nancy I made a reservation at Compas RV Park in St. Augustine and didn’t even realized you had stayed there. We were not going to stop in St Augustine at all except Pelican Roost at Mayport was full.

Luckily most all RV parks in Florida are up & running fine. The biggest problem was the wind. They actually faired better than they thought they would. Florida knows this is their busy season so they will jump through hoops to get everything back up to par.
    You can get a multiday tram pass and will not have to drive around town as parking is terrible. A shuttle will pick you up at the front of the resort. The Grandsons graduation date from Fort Jackson has changes to mid January. We plan to take the RV and head south after the ceremony. hope we can manage around the snow birds.

Dave & Nancy,
    We will no doubt use the trolley. We were there a couple years ago and we used the trolley. The only reason we are spending 5 days in St. Augustine is because Pelican Roost is booked solid and we could only stay 2 days and I had allowed for 7. It will be fine.

Miss Daisy
    Spring, TX

We may spend a few days a Compass in January. The grandsons graduation day from basic has been changed to mid Jan. We plan to take the fiver and head south from Ft Jackson. don't know what will be available for stops at that time but will be working on a schedule. We have friends that winter in Punt Gorda and may head that way. As we all know accommodations at that time of year is dicey.

Dave & Nancy,
    If you don’t already have reservations on the west coast of Florida, especially Ft. Meyers area, forget it. I have been trying all week to get in that area including Punta Gorda. Some of them are months only during Jan thru March. Guess I should have got my act together sooner.
    We are at Lazy Days Jan. 10-15 and signed up driving school.

Good luck

Miss Daisy
    Spring, TX

We had planed to meet friends in Arcadia I guess we wont be doing that, time for plan B We need to get the actual correct dates for FROG Kissimmee to make plans.
    Last edited by Dave&Nancy; 10-30-2017 at 04:57 PM.