Thread: Do not say SOME DAY

Do not say SOME DAY

RVing do not put those trips off, on Nov 30, 2016 I went to the dentist to get a root canal started and he removed the root was to go back. Next day Dec 1, 2016 I woke up and hurt something terrible from the waist up. Well being a 100% disabled veteran and having had two spinal cord surgeries I thought being in the dental chair got my nerves inflamed.

Well around 4 days went buy and I was in terrible pain my wife a retired RV said you are going to the family DR. He said maybe a urinary tract infection and gave me an antibiotic. Two more days no better I went back he did blood work.

An hour after I left the DR he called and said he wanted me to go immediately to the emergency room at the hospital they called them. My platelet blood level should be around 300 and was 19. They admitted me right away and did all kinds of blood work the blood DR said he saw nothing but wanted to discharge me and come to his office the next day for a bone marrow test as their office does better tests than this hospital.
    So I got the test same day he calls me back and said Bruce I hate to tell you this over the phone but you have Acute ALL Leukemia and you need to go to the Hershey Cancer Institute today so I did and they admitted me into the hospital that same day.

My doctor said my bone marrow was 80% Leukemia and I had 3 to 4 months to live without a stem cell transplant. So chemo started and look for a bone marrow donor on the National Registry none found out of millions. But my family members were not tested yet. Turned out my sister and older brother were perfect matches he said that was almost a miracle.

The first DR said I had Acute ALL Leukemia Phil Negative and they started chemo IV for this. But the Hershey bone marrow test showed I had Phil Negative different treatment so that was then started.

Have to reflect being a 100% disabled veteran the VA is to take care of all my medical care I was told by the VA the only place that could treat me was Hershey Cancer Institute and they would not pay for it as it was too expensive. So they were just going to let me die nice of them. Then I get a letter from the VA stating because my acute leukemia was not service connected they would not pay for it.

Well seeing that I was exposed to Agent Orange heavily and also contaminated Camp Jejune drinking water the VA ruled anyone that came down with Acute Leukemia as automatically service related they have my service records they would not pay for it as it was too expensive. So they were just going to let me die nice of them. Then I get a letter from the VA stating because my acute leukemia was not service connected they would not pay for it.

Well seeing that I was exposed to Agent Orange heavily and also cantimated Camp Jejune drinking water the VA ruled anyone that came down with Acute Leukemia as automatically service related they have my service records.

So long story again they were just going to let me DIE I ahd medical insurance myself and they said they would pay for my treatments of I would not be typing this now. Long story short today after filing a claim with the VA this is considered service connected and I hope my insurance co gets their money back.

Anyway on Feb 22, 2017 I had a stem cell transplant from my brothers donated stem cells thanks bro for saving my life. Around May sometime my Leukemia was inactive no Leukemia cells found anymore of Phil positive cells either to date I am still inactive but will always have Leukemia.

I need to stay on a chemo pill yet for 16 more months before they feel sure my Leukemia will not come back. One more chemo injection into my spinal fluid in Sept than that should be the last chemo injections but will keep taking the pill.

So I was thinking how happy we did all the big trips in our RV as that may have been it for me but now I am hoping to take more bi trips staring in 2019.

We are starting our RV adventures next month. Even though I haven't too much wrong with me, (physically that is) I feel I am at an age (60) that it is time. I have worked with too many people and have had a few friends get real sick. And while we have our health we are heading to Texas for our very first RV adventure trip.
    Sorry for your health problems. Good luck getting back on the horse.

Where are you heading in Texas? If heading for the coast, some areas are still in bad shape. Rockport is a disaster. An insurance adjuster said it looked like a bomb went off. Aransas Pass has some damage, haven't heard anything about Port Aransas, or Mustang Island area.
    2006 Ford F 350 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel
    50 Gal Sure Flo aux fuel tank
    RVing may not be cost effective but memories are priceless

Big Bend National Park is nice and it is BIG we spent 10 nights there and really enjoyed it.
    If you go there stock up on food as it is out in no mans land they do have gas and diesel but depending on what part of the park you are in it can take hours to get to the gas stations.
    There are now two border crossings there when we visited there they had not make those boarder crossings yet.